Saturday, May 21, 2011

Very Interesting articles about learning by Bobby Beck

I was just checking out Bobby beck's (Previously animator at pixar) and current ceo of Animation mentor) blog and among other inspirational things he posted 2 really interesting articles on learning

http://www.bobbyboom.blogspot.com/

the first one is
Stages of learning and growth
Which is all about the 4 different stages of learning
1. Unconscious Incompetence
2. Conscious Incompetence
3. Conscious Competence
4. Unconscious Competence

I found it really fascinating because I'm pretty sure I'm in the conscious incompetence stage. or as he refers to it the "Suck" phase. I know my stuff isnt top notch and needs improvement.
He goes on to say how this can be one of the hardest phases to get out of and posted another article entitled
Reduce the "suck factor" - Step 2

Id really recommend checking it out very inspirational stuff. I couldn't work out how to link it directly so just go to his blog and scroll down his page.

2 comments:

  1. Damn I´m in the unconscious incompetence ... far long way to the top ... but ain´t gonna give up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get there dude. Just keep at it :) Feel free to add me on skype or google chat or msn messenger or anything if you use it and I can try help u stay motivated :P. Or I try to keep my blog updated every few days to motivate myself and other people :)

    ReplyDelete