Saturday, May 21, 2011

Updated ball with tail

Here is an updated version of my Bouncing ball with tail. I have spent wayy more time on this animation than I had have first anticipated (a week now) I have gotten some good Feedback from JKR on both 11 second club forums and my blog. I was up till 4am working on this last night and spent some time today working on getting the final jump a bit more believable and making the platform actually feel the weight of the ball more. I also tweaked a few of the arcs in graph editor and did a bit more work on the tail.

I think the animation is improving but there is still something about the timing on the bounces and the whole animation that feels off.

The tail is also only kinda working it really needs to move a lot more naturally I reckon I can get it right I just need to spend a lot more time on it.

I also wanna add rotation to the ball as it jumps up and lands however thats not as simple as it sounds seeing as doing that will screw with all my squash and stretch and all my tail movements :(

I've been looking at a lot of blogs and showreels and stuff recently and although it is inspiring it is also a little depressing. I've got so far to go to be good. The biggest thing that's getting to me at moment is that I still feel im not above where i was when i graduated at end of 2005. Granted it's hard to tell with bouncing balls. I am really looking forward to next month's 11 second club clip because I wanna totally give it my all and think it will be a really good judge of where my skill level is at in animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment