Friday, May 20, 2011

Productive Long Weekend ahead.

Woot its finally weekend and its double exciting because its a 3 day weekend because of a public holiday which means even more animation fun to be had. I have been really trying to get more into the animation community especially on the 11 second club website. I posted up my bouncing ball with tail animation and am already getting some amazing critique (Thanks JKR :) )
Really made me think of a few things like the physics of the things I am animating and remaining consistent.

Either way I am hoping to get in around 30-40 hrs of animation/animation related study this long weekend which should be great.

My main focus's will be polishing up my bouncing ball with tail animation and I'd like to move onto doing some emotional static poses with a faceless character as I have read in a number of books and lectures that posing is as important if not more important than timing. Plus think it will be a good break from animating bouncing balls.
As much as I know its necessary after 3 weeks of doing bouncing balls I'm starting to get a bit over it. I think after this fox ball animation is done I might do a pendulem and maybe one final scene with 2-3 balls of different types hitting each other or falling in an obstacle course then move onto cycles and see how I go. I've been reading a lot about posing and acting especially after finishing acting for animators books so im itching to use all this knowledge to make great scenes. I cant wait for next month's 11 second club I hope its a great clip because I really wanna give it my all and think it will be a really good gauge of where my skill level is at.

I'm also continuing to think about improving my drawing skills. I have simplified drawing and planning for animation on the way and am probably going to pick up the drawing from the right side of the brain and maybe cartoon animation books to get some drawing practice in. Think it will be great thing to do when im burnt out from animation and want a break I can just sit on couch and do some drawings while still being constructive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment