Sunday, May 8, 2011

To go forward you have to learn from the past

I was looking through my old uni work again today from 2005 and omg some of it makes me cringe. especially my short film. soooo much floaty animation with poor posing and dodgy animation.
Granted during the last 6 months of my uni course I was doing a law unit, modelling,rigging,texturing and animating 2 game characters and then there was my short film that went for minute and a half where I did everything from modelling 2 characters setting up two facial rigs including the character rig as well as animating and sorting out dialogue.

Was a very hectic and busy 6 months where I dont think I got very much sleep and a lot of animations especially those in my short film where rushed out in a day or even a few hrs.
Looking back at it I wish I had have chosen a more simple idea that involved one character in a room trying to get something off the top shelf that he cant reach. but being a young animator I was aiming for the sky.

Anyway figured I would put up a few of my animation exercises and animations from uni. I wish I had all my early ones in 2d and even simple ones using balls and flour sacks but unfortunately have no idea where those files are or if I even have them anymore.

Here's my showreel that I had at the end of my 2 year uni course. Dont ask my why it has linkin park as the soundtrack :P


The lumberjack: This was a game character for a game that a bunch of friends where making at uni. This character was really rushed but looking back it the animations came out pretty well considering I spent less than a day animating all of these. I still think the death animation is my favorite.
Looking back the arms could have used a lot more work. but then again this whole set of animations was really only at first pass. could have used more time.



I had so much fun setting up this facial rig :)

I like to push the prammmmaloooooott





Heres a few screenshots

No comments:

Post a Comment