Monday, May 23, 2011

Onto Walks :D

So its been over 3 weeks since I started getting back into animation and during that time I have probably spent 150-170 hrs animating/reading up on animation, watching webinars etc. Its been a blast.
I decided to take it slow and as a result have only really been animating balls and things.

I started today with my first walk in a long time. (Think I did a walk back in 2006 at some point :P)

Started simple just using The little warrior rig a copy of which can be found below
http://www.creativecrash.com/3dsmax/downloads/character-rigs/c/little-warrior-rig

It's just a couple of legs and it did have some hair but it was behaving wierdly so i deleted it.

Anyway I started by doing a simple on the spot vanilla no character walk.
Spent a couple of hrs on this, Most of which was spent trying to get it to move forward after having set up cycle without it sliding ( always had problems with that)

I'll head to the 11 second club forums and attmept to find an easy soloution.

Anyway here is my first walk cycle :P (Dam it feels good to be animating something that isnt a ball :P)



Buhhh Also just realised I was aniamting at 25fps not 24 so my timing is a little off :(

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! Something about it kept irking me so I watched it frame by frame again and again, trying to figure it out. I think what it might be (though I'm still not sure) is that the rear foot goes up onto its toe very, very early. I'm not sure it needs to be quite so early. It starts lifting up at frame 10, and I'm wondering if it would be stronger if it held flat until 13 or so. Something you might want to try. That might not be what's bugging me at all, but everything else seems really solid so I'm just not sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for feedback JKR :)

    Ya something feels a bit off to me also I did set up the the keyframes using animators survival kit as a guide which I think assumes 24 fps and I was at 25fps by default so not sure if thats screwing with stuff a bit also. Ill have to have another look at walk tonight. Cant wait to move onto less boring walk with some character :P

    Also dunno if its just me but it seems to stutter when it loops dunno if that is just quicktime or not though cos I dont notice it in 3d s max

    I will have another look at it tonight I've been tearing my hair out recently trying to nail one of my bouncing ball animations that I got some feedback about on 11 second club forums.

    ReplyDelete