Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Late night update on bouncing ball with tail

I spent another 3-4 hrs or so on my bouncing ball with tail and after much frustration I finally am starting to get it in right direction I want it. The biggest thing i noticed is that I was rotating the whole ball to get squash and stretch positions when I can just move the squash controller in a direction (didnt know that) so that helped a lot. that and tidied up my timing a little.

I also think ive finally got how to animate tail basics down. I did a rough pass but its still pretty shitty hence ive got it hidden for now as im trying to get the ball bounce and timing right first.

Anyway here is a render of it so far. main issues im noticing are around when the ball lands on stick. he snaps too quickly onto it holds completely motionless before it falls and a lot of minor things.

Also my squash and stretch directional controller is playing up and not saving my keys or something because I keep losing my direction for the up's and down

I'll have to try a wobble or sway to stick to keep movement going or something.

Anyway Im off to bed as its 12:30 am


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got a good start going on here! One thing to look at. Frame 64 on your counter the ball is not squashed but still on the ground before flying up to the platform. That little hesitation really messes with the timing and you'll get a great deal more energy and flow if you remove that frame. It should go from squashed to jumping off the ground without that in-between. Good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing what's next!
    -JKR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice JKR, Nice find. My keys are a bit screwy I have it running at 25fps. It does work better with 64 removed I have double down squash positions on first couple of jumps as well so might remove those as well it just didnt feel heavy enough before but that might be to do with my other keys and not so much the down squash.

    Thanks for checking out my blog :) good to know im not entirely talking to myself and atleast someone else has looked at it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I hear that! When I started my blog over at FredtheMonkey.com there were weeks without any comments, and it was a little depressing. :) Keep at it though. Regular updates eventually get people to open up and chat about your posts!

    ReplyDelete