Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Pass Balloon hitting roof

Here is a short animation I did for the lols of my hairy balloon floating up and hitting the roof. I was going for him being asleep and getting startled and waking up. I'm not very happy with the way it turned out. The biggest mistake I made was I didnt plan it out very well and found myself moving things for the sake of moving them instead of thinking more about what the character was actually doing.

Also the biggest problem with the animation is there isnt any real weight or impact to the balloon hitting the roof.

It was a good exercise to animate something light and floaty as oppose to all the heavy balls I have been animating. it probably also doesnt help that the balloon has no eyebrows or mouth which makes it harder to show expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment